LCHF Endurance website located at www.lchfendurance.com.au (the “Website”) is controlled and operated by LCHF Endurance.
- When we say “we”, “our”, or “us”, we mean LCHF Endurance (ABN 47166099403), and our officers, employees, contractors, agents, licensees and other representatives.
- When we say “you” or “User”, we mean any person who accesses, browses or uses the Website.
- When we say the “Privacy Act”, we mean the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment Act 2000 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth).
- When we say “Personal Information”, we mean that term to include any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established, not limited to information in a material form, and includes Sensitive Information and Health Information.
In order for us to operate the Website, we need to handle Personal Information. We take privacy of Personal Information seriously. We comply with the Privacy Act as a matter of best practice.
1. Application and Consent
2. Supply of Personal Information
Before supplying any Personal Information via the Website, you should ensure that there are no restrictions on you doing so.
We are not responsible for any mistake or negligence or other conduct on your part where you supply Personal Information which you are not entitled to supply, but we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any such wrongfully supplied Personal Information within a reasonable timeframe after you have given us notice.
3.What kinds of information do we collect on the Website?
The kinds of Personal Information we may collect about you includes your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, gender, age, date of birth and credit card details.
We may also ask you to provide the following information:
a. Information about your racial or ethnic origin, and/or information about your religious beliefs or affiliations or philosophical beliefs (“Sensitive Information”); and/or
b. Information or an opinion about your health, including an illness, disability or injury, or a health service that has been or will be provided to you; and/or personal information collected to provide a health service (“Health Information”).
We may also collect non-personal statistical information, in accordance with clause 12 below.
4. How do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information where reasonably necessary for the proper function of the Website. The ways in which we may collect Personal Information include:
- When you access the Website using the internet;
- When you register an account for use of the Website;
- From third party payment services when details of your transactions on the Website are provided to us;
- From you as part of using the functionality of the Website, such as by placing an order through the Website for the purchase of goods or services;
- When we receive enquiries or correspondence via the Website or by e-mail;
- When you sign up to the mailing list provided on our Website; and
- From you through any use we may make of browser ‘cookies’ or trackers on the Website.
- How do we use your Personal Information once we have collected it?
- How do we store Personal Information?
You agree that we may use or disclose Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
a. To understand usage trends and patterns and improve Users’ overall experience of the Website;
b. To fix problems and respond to feedback and complaints;
c. To enforce any agreements between a User and us, such as the Terms and Conditions; and
d. To allow us to run the Website and perform administrative and operational tasks.
We will not sell or license any Personal Information to any third parties, however we may share and license non-personal statistical data to third parties, including analytics and research entities. We endeavour to aggregate this data in such a way as will de-identify individual Users.
In addition, the Privacy Act caters for particular situations called “Permitted General Situations” where Personal Information may be disclosed outside of the purposes listed above, such as to lessen or prevent a serious threat to public health or safety, or to assist in locating missing people. Other laws, or a court, might also legally compel us to disclose Personal Information.
We may store Personal Information in a variety of ways including in the cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage.
We may store and make back-up copies of Personal Information to ensure that we are able to recover information if our systems experience a fault or outage.
7. Are we going to contact you with direct marketing?
We may use Personal Information to offer you new products and services or for other commercial communications from us. By continuing to use the Website, you hereby consent to receiving such marketing communications. In delivering such communications, we may contact you via e-mail.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, that you may opt-out by contacting email@example.com. We will always give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
8. How will our payment provider or appointment scheduling system handle Personal Information?
Any handling of your Personal information disclosed to any payment provider or appointment scheduling system we may use via the Website (such as PayPal or MINDBODY) is out of our control and is entirely the responsibility of that payment provider or appointment scheduling system. We will not be liable or responsible for the handling of your Personal Information by those third parties.
9. Are we responsible for the privacy practices of other third parties, where we provide links to those third parties, or redirect you to those third parties?
10. Can you access your Personal Information, and correct it if it is wrong?
You can ask us to provide them with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. You do not need a reason for asking, but we may charge you for our reasonable expenses for preparing and sending you a copy of the requested Personal Information. We will try to respond to any such request within a reasonable timeframe. If the request would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, the information is commercially sensitive, giving access would be unlawful or the request is frivolous or vexatious, we may not give you the Personal Information requested.
We will take reasonable steps to see that the Personal Information we collect and store about Users is accurate, up-to-date and complete. To assist us, Users should provide correct details where requested for upload to the Website, and let us know if they believe the information we have about them is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading. If Users believe the Personal Information collected or used by us is false or inaccurate, they have a right to have this information corrected and we will endeavour to do so within a reasonable timeframe, at no expense to the relevant individual.
11. How do we keep Personal Information secure?
We take the security and safety of your Personal Information seriously. We will take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will only be viewed by persons who you wish to view your Personal Information. We also cannot guarantee that the Website will be completely free from viruses, surveillance or interception.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information when we do not need it. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you do not provide us with any Personal Information that we did not request. We may retain and use de-identified information.
We may use "cookies" to store data on a User’s device when they access the Website. The information stored in the cookie would be used to identify a User’s browser or device. We use this information in order to enable us to operate an efficient service, to track the patterns of behaviour of Users of the Website and to collect statistical information about visitors to the Website, including but not limited to IP addresses, geographical location, how Users arrived at the Website and information about the device being used to access the Website such as the browser, operating system and/or mobile device type. We would collect this information in order to improve our Website, direct the most appropriate content to Users and remember a User’s preferences for next time they access the Website.
Please note that Users are able to opt out of cookie technology through changing the settings on their browser, but this may affect the way Users experience our Website.
13. Will we transfer Personal Information to anybody?
If you have any questions or if you think something is not quite right, please contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Further information
For further information on online privacy rights, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Phone: 1300 363 992