- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 cup macadamia/olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender or food processor, blend egg, lemon juice, ACV and mustard powder.
- Slowly* add in oil, one tablespoon at a time, continuing to blend.
- Add the salt once a creamy mayo has formed.
- Transfer into a jar and store up until the used by date on your carton of eggs. Write it on the lid – you will forget.
*The secret to this mayo is patience. Otherwise, it will split and you will be left with liquid, rather than a thick creamy blend. If your mayo does split, the good news is you can save it. Pour the liquid into a jar and place it in the coldest part of your fridge. Wait a few hours then blend again or beat vigorously with an egg beater. It will be slightly less thick and creamy than it should be, but still delicious and useful for salads. Don’t worry, we learned the hard way too.